2020 Theme: “Come, rest a while…” Mark 6:31
Women of any age are invited to join us at our 11th annual Catholic Women’s Fall Retreat at Glen House Resort, on the scenic shores of the St. Lawrence River near Gananoque, Ontario. The retreat begins on Friday, September 18th, and concludes after lunchtime on Sunday, September 20th, 2020.
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we invite you to join us for a weekend of nourishment and healing for your soul, fun for your spirit and some rest and relaxation with old and new friends. Come and leave your cares and responsibilities behind for a few days and allow the Lord to refresh you.
As you register for this event, you will be prayed for each day by members of the Prayer team. The Hospitality team is waiting eagerly to welcome you to the 2020 Women’s Fall Retreat.
What To Expect At The Retreat
- Inspirational sessions each day with our guest speaker, Anne Jamieson
- Praise and worship music
- Sacrament of Reconciliation available on Saturday afternoon
- Saturday afternoon optional breakout session, and free leisure time
- Saturday evening entertainment
- Mass will be celebrated Sunday morning
- All meals on Saturday through a delicious lunch on Sunday are provided
- Christian books, cd’s and gifts available for purchase in the book room
- Prayer Room and prayer ministry available
- Time to reflect, relax and recreate
- Use of numerous recreation facilities: hot tub, sauna, indoor/outdoor pools, tennis, walking trails, kayaks, exercise equipment.
- Option to purchase spa services contact: www.glenhouseresort.com to book in advance
Participation in Retreat
Women of any age are invited to attend our retreat! Whether Catholic or non-Catholic, devout or questioning, residents of Ontario or not, participants are invited to come as they are and enter into the activities of the weekend as much or as little as desired.
Nursing infants under the age of one year are welcome to attend – with their mothers!
2020 Retreat Speaker – Kathy McVady
Kathy McVady is a woman of Irish parentage who discovered in early adulthood that God was calling her to a life of service in the Church. Joining the Madonna House Apostolate in the Pembroke area when the foundress, Catherine Doherty, was still alive, Kathy has experienced first-hand life within the “Little Mandate” of poverty, chastity and obedience that guides the community of female and male missionaries.
For many years Kathy has been involved in community focused religious education with an accent on friendship and spiritual and corporal works of mercy atLa Casa de Nuestra Senora in Arizona, and other houses of the Apostolate in Roanoke, Virginia, Raleigh, North Carolina, and in Barbados.
A speaker with the Cursillo Movement and an attendee at the ‘spiritual spa’, ENDOW (Education on the Nature and Dignity of Women) retreats, Kathy understands the need for, and power of, the rest to which Jesus calls us, busy as our lives often are. Kathy presently serves as an archivist at Madonna House in Combermere, Ontario, where, she sheepishly chuckles, “I grew up”. We look forward to Kathy sharing her tips for growing into the rest and the peace of Christ Jesus at our 2020 Women’s Fall Retreat!
2020 Breakout Session
2020 Saturday Evening Entertainment